following on from 2 days ago (so much for posting more frequently- ed), here's my view on what were the best show of the last 12 months. Only criteria are what I've watched to the end, and no sequels. This is a personal opinion, so don't bitch if your favourite show doesn't make the cut!
10) Mayo Chiki- Delicious reverse trap butler, perverted mistress and violent imouto.
9) Ymekui Merry- JC staff show do about a mysterious DFC and don't cast Rie Kugimiya shock! Good characters, pacing and action scenes.
8) A Channel- K-ON! clone without the music, Yuuko was a passable Mio substitute. Touru was cute.
7) Kore wa Zomie desu ka? Very funny, tongue in cheek romp. Added points for Ayumu's crossdressing, Haruna and Sera kissing.
6) Ana hana- *sob* Menmaaaa!
5) Yuru Yuri- Chinastu sexually assaulting Akarin was one of my highlights of the year
4) Usagi Drops- thoughtful, great visuals and realistic performances. Rin gets the prize for cutest loli of 2011.
3) Nichijou- some bits were abit forced but overall hilarious. Best scenes- Yuuko's test, Principle v deer, Mio's sketching
2) The Idolm@ster- great mix of slice of life, comedy and drama. Cast were all memorable and fun to watch, though Iori, Miki and Yukiho have to be my favourites. Good music too. K-ON done as I'd have liked perhaps?
1) Puella Magi Madoka Majica- no contest really, original, thought provoking, genre reinventing and possible the next EVA or Haruhi in terms of impact. Great visuals, strong characters and not afraid to kill the cute cast.